Multi-day, Virtual Symposium, February 2021
The Desert Tortoise Council teamed up with the Turtle Survival Alliance to organize and implement the virtual 46th Annual Desert Tortoise Council Symposium in February 2021. The program included plenary speakers, multiple sessions on research and new affecting tortoises and their conservation, and awards.
See Program and Abstracts for details.
Registered attendees will receive links to the recordings by email when they are ready.
Best Student Paper Awards
- First prize: Joseph P. Orton
- Second prize: Sean Sutor
- Third prize: Anjana Parandhaman
Winners of the David J. Morafka Memorial Research Award
- Anjana Parandhaman
- Julia Joos
Desert Tortoise Council Awards
- Kristin H. Berry Annual Award: Elliott R. Jacobson
- Robert C. Stebbins Research Award: Conservation Science Partners
- Glenn R. Stewart Service Award: Mari Quillman
- James A. St. Amant Special Award: Greta Anderson and Cindi Tuell
- Pat von Helf Recognition Award: Sarah Thomas, Conserve Southwest Utah
Photo Contest Entries & Winners
Click the button below to view this year’s photo contest entries and winners.
A huge thank you to all our sponsors of the 46th Annual Symposium — thank you for your support!
The 2021 Symposium included a raffle of E-Gift Cards for field equipment and other items and raffle winners were drawn each day during the breaks.
Congratulations to all who won, presented, attended, and assisted.