Annual Business Meeting
The Annual Business Meeting of the Desert Tortoise Council will be held in a virtual format at 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM (PST) on Tuesday, February 15, 2022, in conjunction with the 47th Annual Symposium. All Council members and guests are invited to attend the Business Meeting. The Board of Directors will provide a summary of accomplishments over the past year, and report on the financial status of the organization. There will be an election of officers. In addition, the Board of Directors has recommended several revisions to the Bylaws to be voted on by the general membership (all Council members in good standing are eligible to vote regardless if registered for the symposium). The proposed revisions to the Bylaws include:
- Clarification that the minimum number of persons on the Board is 9, and the maximum is 20 (14 Board Members at Large, and 6 officers).
- Clarification on determining a quorum for voting.
- Addition of the appointment of a sitting Board member to serve as Parliamentarian.
- Addition of the appointment of a sitting Board member to serve as Products Manager.
- Clarification of the responsibilities of the Awards Committee.
- For the Training Committee, the discussion of specific workshops was removed as this level of detail is more appropriate for the Committee Policy.
- Renaming and clarifying the responsibilities of the Grants and Academic Funding Committee.
- Establishing the Mexican Tortoise Conservation Committee as a standing committee.
Click the button below to review the Council’s Bylaws with proposed revisions displayed in track/changes. Please attend the Annual Business Meeting and actively participate in the operations of YOUR Council.